Sunday, July 18, 2010

food+bugs= nasty

I have 3 instances where the little creatures dwelled where they are not welcome-- food.

#1- It all started when we went on a Wendy's takeout run. 2 side ceaser salads por favor. My sister was eating one of them and started freaking out. There, nestled right between 2 pieces of lettuce, was a ladybug. GAG. My mom seriously considered driving back there and giving all of Wendy's a piece of her mind.

#2- Brigham City softball tournaments call for Wingers, obviously. A handful of girls met up there and ordered some delish salads. My good fwen, Robyn, was just about to eat what seemed like a pristine bite of sticky finger salad when she spotted a squished orange ladybug. Another one? So she got a new, free salad plus 2 asphault pies. Still, gross.

#3- Instance three happened today. Who loves blackberries? Lisa does. I was sitting outside thoroughly enjoying the weather and picking berries. One was seriously inches from going in my mouth when I saw something wiggling in there. AN EARWIG LEAPED ON TO MY FINGER! I almost lost it.

Now, I can't really eat much without inspecting every bite. Curses. Maybe I'm not the only one?

No comments: