Wednesday, January 11, 2012

feeling grateful

lately i've been keeping a gratitude journal, and every night i write down 12 things i am grateful for that day.
i've realized i'm so blessed.
i've been given things that other people can only dream about; things like a bed. and heat in the house. and a constant supply of food. and a job. and the opportunity to attend school and become something great.

one of my new years resolutions (cause i know you want to hear about those) is to stop taking simple things for granted. today i was able to read my scriptures outside on my trampoline. outside in january! it was just beautiful out there.

speaking of blessings, i'm so so so grateful for the friends i was blessed with, especially all my boys. they've made me respect and appreciate the priesthood more than ever. the first one of the guy just left on his mission today. after 12 weeks in the MTC he'll be headed to south korea! he is my very best friend. it was so tough seeing him go, but he's doing the right thing & he'll be such a great missionary. the people of south korea are lucky to have him.

"for we walk by faith, not by sight"
-2 corinthians 5:7

No comments: