Saturday, September 4, 2010

ouch

Running for homecoming queen is the #1 way for you to embarrass yourself in front of the whole school. This in not my type of environment.
Anyways, you know how student's votes only count for 15% of the criteria you will be judged on? So therefore it's not that much of a popularity contest?
Well.
Missy Caldwell is running for soccer. And I love her to death. Along with Jessie Marquis, who by the way is my pick to win, Kim Dahl, Eryn Haws, and Tiffany Ing. Fun group of girls right? So obviously we all have a lot of the same friends. This one girl, who is a "vote for Missy" encourager (and will not be named), is a little mean to the rest of the competition. Actually just me. Yesterday she came up to me and this is how our conversation went:
girl: So I hear you are running for homecoming queen
me: That's the plan!
girl: Oh. Well... I'm telling all your friends to vote for Missy, not you.
me: That's okay, votes only count for 15%.
girl: Well still. You don't have my vote unless you want to buy me a car or take me out to lunch or something.
me: (Laughing), you can just vote for Missy, it's cool.
girl: Okay. (Walks off and yells "Vote for Missy, not Lisa!")
me: (Thinking, "Wait, is she serious?")
I thought bringing down another competitor like that was a little harsh, especially when you aren't even in the runnings. Good thing girls like Celeste Lines exist. She said so many nice things about me, I just wanted to hug her. If this pageant is going to have catty girls, count me out.

3 comments:

jessie said...

lisa, i love you.
and i thought conversations like that only happened in movies... jeez.

meg. said...

this made me laugh a lot.
thank you for brightening my day.

also,
celeste lines is such a saint.

Sydnee said...

she who must not be named is a bi.

did you like the harry potter reference?
i thought you'd be proud.

lisa castleberry for homecoming queen.